Sunday, September 19, 2010

Possibilities

The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief.  ~William Shakespeare, Othello


Anything is possible when you see with a loving and grateful heart...the Universe is open if you are...
I had a wonderful adventure with my spirit sister Andi in Boston last weekend, caught my first Mraz concert, saw Nana- it was awesome!! 

Anyway, as I was leaving town with my son we ran into a situation that really peed hard core into my Wheatie bowl...I share to show anything can turn out great if you let it.  So, here we go...

 I was already sniffly leaving the energy of Canton behind. I stop at the local Shell station where Nana dropped us off to walk to the festival the day before to get gas. Swipe my debit card and NOTHING- says unauthorized. Being me, I walk in and say I think there's an issue with the network would you please swipe my card. Declines. Now, I am getting nervous. I flew over to his ATM still clinging to the fading hope it was his machine when it comes back unauthorized yet again. Thankfully I had taken out some cash on Saturday and had held onto most of it. So I paid in cash and called my bank here in Inwood. Late yesterday evening soon after I purchased my t-shirt someone got my debit card number. Hit ATM's, gas stations and a restaurant in Boston Monday at 813am- we didnt get up until almost 10. I sat there numb for a minute trying to process it and realize how utterly foolish it was to use a debit card at a festival. So Austin and I quickly counted what cash we had- $49 between us and the tears hit me.

I don't give myself permission to be angry very often because hate and love walk such a fine line that anger can become bitterness which is a terminal illness. I was however devastated that I had saved up for months to go, was in such a place of love and peace and some creep took me for every penny. Then fear naturally followed as I realized I was over 500 miles from home and had $25 dollars left for tolls, bridges and gas after we filled up. Nana made us take cookies and crackers which I called and thanked her for because we survived on filling up our canteens, saltines and shortbread cookies. Poor Austin was ready to eat his shoe when we hit WV.

So, I cried through MA and RI and when I hit CT I realized I had never been there before and I should be grateful to see these states at all. So, I decided to find things to be happy/grateful for. Started with seeing New England and the knowledge that I lost the 1st ticket and got another, Andi lost her hotel and we were fine, she got sick and we loved and manifested it away (with Nana's most awesome lasagna-though I still have beef tummy ache-lol), we got Austin in last minute, lost my phone and found it and saw Jason Mraz live. That's a flat out miracle bonanza. So, I said if the Universe got us through all that, this will most assuredly be fine. Spirit brought us there and would certainly see us home.

So, off I went believing and loving that I was even there- though am still a little disappointed in the creeper who stole my card number and caused me to have to drive straight home instead of being with my sister that day in NY.  However I know what it is to be wiped out completely so maybe they were desperate- people helped me survive after the wreck so the least I can do is help someone else. Kharma handles the rest.

So, we hit NY, Maurice (gps) went nuts and next thing I know I'm in the Bronx. Me, girl with the well hidden scarlett nape is driving in the Bronx. It was CRAZY- double parking-horns and shouting- CREEPY folks on street corners. I'm raising windows, locking doors and Aust is moaning (imagine that) that he's hot. I don't have enough money to run the air and waste gas and was afraid to keep the windows down so we sat and man, did we sweat. It was so funny. I was seriously Mario Andretti \. We were in the Bronx and on the cross Bronx expressway for over two hours. What an exhilerating experience that I never want to have again!!!

It was worth it though as I hit 78 into Jersey Austin says, "Mom, I am really impressed with your driving- I'm proud of you- I never knew you could drive like that". We also got to see the NYC skyline 2 days after 9/11 and Meadowlands stadium that I saw so many times with Aunt Win. I figured they'd see the WV tags and figure we were inbred if I did something dumb so it was all good. What was better is I was terrified going across the GW bridge would cost me what we had left and I got the courage to roll down my window in the Bronx and holler to the guy next to me who told me it was free leaving the city. Tell me abundance doesn't exist- I found in the Bronx!! There IS love everywhere!!!

So finally in NJ we were dying to use the bathroom and couldnt get off anywhere. After another hour I took the next exit I saw- didnt care where the rest room was -would have stopped anywhere! Came off the ramp and found a rest stop and there was a Shop-Rite that looked so familiar. My spirit was screaming "LOOK AROUND YOU!!" So, I did.  I was in Hopatcong where I spent my summers with my beloved Aunt Win- I was home!! I cried tears of true joy and gratefulness unabashedly- didnt care who saw me. There was a storm brewing- the sky was black, thundering and starting to rain. As we got back on 78- I swear to you - the sky off to my left opened just a little bit and I saw pure blue and the sun rays coming down from it were almost surreal. Austin (yes Austin) says, "Momma- it's Aunt Win- I feel her too- she's here". He was 5 when she died. I was so at peace and so grateful and so joyous nothing else mattered.

If that person hadn't stolen my money I would have gone to Poughkeepsie to see my sister and none of it would have happened. I am so utterly grateful they wiped me out. The gifts I received in exchange were completely priceless. I also realized yet again that belief in the joy and abundance of the Universe is always the way to go. Had I gotten angry I never would have been open to any of these gifts. So no matter what anyone says- or calls me for being different and not fitting in- I am going to go on being love and believing ANYTHING can happen. Better yet I was teaching Austin how to react with love which is a gift to us both. Later he says, "Mom, let's manifest the rest of the week being great so it happens". My boy, who believed in nothing spiritual until Harpers Ferry late one night with me,  realized the power of the Spirit, believing in abundance and the laws of love. There is no greater gift then to see your child acknowledge love. I can only thank Spirit by being the best me I can be and I will.

The gift of knowlege that you lost yourself and the chance to find her again is the greatest gift of all.  Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment