Thursday, September 30, 2010

Don't be a hater!!

My sweet cousin Jess was on the news in NYC yesterday.  She had the courage to open up about her eating habits.  She is an incredibly picky eater, identical to my mom.  I am also a picky eater but not by choice.  I have a rare reflux I developed as a child that makes it nearly impossible for me to digest most roughage.  I get excrutiating stomach pains after I eat most fruits and veggies and then my body purges them-violently.  So, though I miss salads and oranges and onion rings ..I can't eat them.

I look this morning and Jess was hurt because two incredibly hateful guys put horrible comments about her being spoiled and they should cancel her insurance and a man named Te said her gene pool should be obliterated.  Seriously??  I was FURIOUS!  Here she is opening herself up to help others and these two idiots attack her.  I went into verbal judo mode and constructed a response that sliced them to pieces.  I wrote and seathed and wrote and steamed and then it hit me.  I am being no different by ranting!  I can cut them down or I can let it go and let the Universe handle it.  I have worked so hard to be love- to be different and follow a different path.  The path of love and light and forgiveness.  I was shocked at how easy it was to slip back into "hot" mode- I come from a family of incredibly hot tempers and sharp tongues on my dad's side.  I realized early I wasn't like that by nature- I was imitating what I had been shown and I could CHOOSE to be different- to be who Spirit created me to be.  So, I deleted my post though I am still pissed at the small minded attack on her.  They don't know she's an amazing teacher working with Austisic kids and has her masters degree in special ed.  They don't know she reaches out to help folks she doesnt even know with no hesitation.  They don't know her!

Then I realized- that's right- they don't and don't deserve too.  Not knowing someone as special as Jess is a big loss for anyone AND the Universe will square it up. Maybe they'll be shooting tomatoes out THEIR noses in the next few days!! 

Love you Jess- no worries about the haters- focus on the folks that dont have your courage that you are helping by just being you!!  Oh, and you know THEY"LL never get that much air time when we're under a serious storm warning!!  Love you Jess!!

peace

No comments:

Post a Comment