Sunday, November 28, 2010

Stones of a feather...

There is more than one kind of rolling stone ;-)
  




There are all kinds of stones. Those we throw, those we toke, Rolling Stones, those we take pics of, those that are heated and we are massaged with and then, there are their evil cousins.  Nasty and jaded buggers,  they lodge directly in our kidneys causing great pain and woe.  My brother has now joined the stuck stone club with his big sister.  Poor guy, day before Thanksgiving he has to have surgery to release aforementioned boulder from his kidney.  Worse yet there is a 12 inch stent that gets left in to leave all the pipes open. Good news- I had a great time telling his best friend that on Monday he's the one who has to pull the string to remove it and listening to him gag-better news I'm not alone on Thanksgiving.  I was a bit sad that I was to be alone that day as I had to work and the rest of the fam was going to be at my sister's in NY.  The Universe being good and kind decided differently.  I would be with my brother.  We love each other but have never been close as I am a drifter and until recently didnt live close enough to really spend any time with him.  So, Spirit gave us the chance to REALLY know each other.  He was at his most vulnerable and in my care.  I didn't ask but I wondered if he was afraid I was going to avenge all the trash can rides, times he locked me in my closet with wet hair and a robe and had my date let me out or ice water over the shower curtain stunts.  I was good...honest.

So, over a few days we were able to talk and laugh and and really know each other which is such an unexpected gift.  I was able to do what I love the most also.  Give my all to someone who needed me and watch them heal.  It also reminded me once again how EVERYTHING is meant to be.  I have had quite a few sets of stones now so I knew exactly what to do for him.  Was able to quell every fear with love and positivity and with enough narcotics fix every ache and pain.  Listening to him laugh his butt off at random subjects from his tokified place in kidney la-la land was worth every sleepless moment as well.  Never doubt the power of coincidence or the goodness of the Universe.  It's all there for us- we just have to be open enough to receive!!!

Namaste

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow I hope he gets better, and I can totally relate to you with this since its only been recently since me and my brother stopped jumping down each other's throats.

    as much love as you can take - Clarissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Clarissa!! I LOVE your blog by the way!! He's doing so much better. He's still sore and tired but upright and getting ready to head back to work which I am so grateful for!

    Love and light to you!!

    ReplyDelete