Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Manifesting love...



"Forgiveness is the scent of a rose left behind on the heel of the foot that crushed it~ Mark Twain"


A few weeks ago I noticed a small bump on the inside of my thigh. It was a tad itchy but I had been hiking and had gotten a bit chewed so I just ignored it.  Last week I started feeling feverish and my joints were screamingly painful and I was so exhausted. I figured flu bug- no big deal and I have RA so sometimes when it flares I really hurt.   Thursday my tiny bump started to hurt.  When I got home from work, I grabbed a flashlight and to my horror found my bump had legs suddenly.  It was the tiniest tick I've ever seen.  It was positioned right in the middle of a "bullseye" that was as big around as a half dollar.  I called the doctor Friday and they insisted I come in straight away...you guessed it...Lyme disease.  I couldn't believe it. So I was put right on antibiotics but as the weekend went on I got sicker and sicker. I went back in this morning and wouldnt you know the sore throat and swollen glands weren't from Lyme after all- I've got strep throat to boot.  As I dragged to Wal-Mart to fill my shiny new scripts I was being grateful for antibiotics, the fact I would be off work for a few days and that I could eat pudding guilt free.

As I was standing in line I noticed the gentleman in front of me looked very familiar. I studied him for a moment and realized it was an old family friend we had lost touch with.  I have known him almost my whole life and lately he had been on my mind very heavily.  I had actually been looking at pictures of him and his wife and my folks from when we all lived in NJ.  They were our next door neighbors and I babysat their kids who were my younger sister's age.  He's a great guy whose wife did him incredibly wrong. Almost identical to what my husband did to me.  She was taking lovers in their bed while their kids were at school.  He was driving to New York and staying up there during the week so they could live comfortably and she was catting about.  It was a horrible divorce- one of the nastiest I have ever seen.  When the dust settled he stopped talking to anyone who was associated with his life before the divorce.

My parents spoke of him often and we tried many times to locate him but until today the Universe didnt allow it.  I tentatively asked him if he was who I thought and when he said yes I just threw my arms around him.  I told him how much he has been missed and loved and how wonderful it was to see him.  We were both sick and waiting on prescriptions so we sat on the bench while they filled our meds and just talked.  I told him how clearly I understood why he didn't keep in touch as I have folks I don't keep in touch with because it's too raw.  I also told him he was entitled to that time to heal and we would understand completely if he still couldn't handle the memories.  To my delight he said every time he came to Wal-mart he hoped to run into one of us.  He said he hadn't even planned to come to that Wal-Mart today.  I let him know I hadn't either- was so sick I was going to have my mom pick up my meds so I could just go home.  Yet there we were.

The Universe is so powerful if you manifest and send love.  Sometimes the answer comes in the CRAZIEST ways as this did, but I have never been more grateful to be witness to it.  The true miracle is when he said to me, "Leah, I only wish her to be happy now."  He really meant it.  After how badly he was screwed and how hurt and wildly angry and bitter he was for so many years he was able to let go.  I know there's hope for me for sure now...I am going to work that much harder on forgiving Mark...I am grateful for today, I am grateful for Lyme and Strep and for abundance. These hives however are starting to piss me off...

Love, love, love

No comments:

Post a Comment